17 December 2009

happiness and cheer

Dear Santa Claus,
How have you been? Did you have a nice summer? How is your wife? I have been extra good this year, so I have a long list of presents that I want. Please note the size and color of each item, and send as many as possible. If it seems too complicated, make it easy on yourself: just send money. How about tens and twenties?
All I want is what I have coming to me. All I want is my fair share.

This is my first Christmas as a real Grown Up. I've spent the last few weeks making lists of people I needed/wanted to buy gifts for, and then actually getting and making them, and then addressing Christmas cards, and thinking about in-laws and extended family, and signing everything "Love, Emily & Ames". That's my favorite part about this Grown Up Christmas-- the "Emily & Ames" part. But also, in being Grown Up, I don't even really have a Christmas Wish List.

I'll pause while you gasp.











I know, right? I have a theory about this-- I think I have been overwhelmed by gifts this year, with the getting married and all. And we even continue to receive wedding gifts. We got one today in fact, no lie. Also there was that time when we went a little crazy with my summer bonus a few months ago, so I mean, there's not much that I really want. I like pretty things. Easy.

Actually I lied. I wish for my orders from Amazon and Barnes & Noble to get here on time like whoa.

In the meantime, look what we have, where we can put any of those items from my non-existent wish list!
I have my very own Christmas tree in our very own house which we bought together, in the spirt of Charlie Brown! Look at how darling and sparse and skinny it is! All it needed was a little love, and a $10 gold star from Target that I'm actually obsessed with, and now it's the Perfect Tree. Also I made this tree skirt:
Weren't we cute when we were eight years old?I don't start my new job till January 4, so I fully plan on sitting in this living room watching LOST on Netflix for two full weeks, in view of this Christmas tree.

ChristmasChristmasChristmasChristmasChristmasChristmasChristmasChristmas.

No comments: