27 June 2009

thoughts on moving

Sometimes, as I pack up everything I own to move to the next town over, I look at all of the stuff in my room and I think to myself, HOW IN THE WORLD DO I HAVE THIS MUCH STUFF?

Furthermore, I ask myself, how have I possibly lived, with all this stuff, in one single bedroom for five years?

And while I do not look forward, exactly, to the packing of all this stuff for the next few days, I do look forward to next week when this stuff will not be confined to a single bedroom, a corner of one cupboard, half of a small pantry closet, and one bathroom drawer. Sweet, sweet unpacking day.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Ah yes. Packing. The bain of my current existence. I have been packing for a month straight and still there is crap everywhere! Just wait till you inherit all your new husbands load of crap that he kept from 1st grade... is that just my husband? Pretty sure I had to bribe him to finally let me get rid of 9 of the 10 GIANT boxes of clogging trophies before the move. Ugg. Good luck packing.