03 September 2008

Best summer EVER omg lol!!!!1!!!!11!!!

So I know we're into Day 2 of the school year, but you guys, 2008 was an EPIC summer. I would be ungrateful if I didn't go back and give the last few months a proper send-off. Though the order of events is not particular, none is more important than another.

Highlights from the Best Summer Ever
- Bringing home the bestest little baby named Sprout. This was technically during Finals Week of Winter semester, but we fell in love this summer, so it counts.
- Seeing Rooney with Valerie, and dancing to When Did Your Heart Go Missing? by myself in the crowd.
- Seeing Ben Folds with Tyler and (sort of) Marie, and elbowing a guy as he attempted to push ahead of me.
- Talking to Alex on FB chat at 5am, more than once.
- Working at the MTC with all the mostly cute/sometimes obnoxious/always ridiculous missionaries, like Elder Swinney.
- Watching the Sister Montgomery/Elder Commons drama unfold.
- Having a crush on a beautiful missionary from Russia named Bogdan (bling!)
- Moving from my room to the spare room.
- Getting into a car accident that provided the funds for me to live in London for a month.
- Driving a deluxe PT Cruiser for a month that smelled like cigarettes and Febreeze when I attempted to get the smoke smell out.
- Having Ghost Hunters marathons with myself.
- Talking to Biz for hours and hours about our futures.
- Learning that I can, indeed, belt and that my mix voice is not the limit of my vocal horizons.
- Getting cast as Amy in Little Women even though I wasn't even called-back for the role and didn't know how much I wanted to play that part.
- Discovering blonde is not a scary/awful look for me.
- Singing The Most Amazing Thing and loving that performance more than any other, even though Rhett had been stuck with a pin from his pants in a very uncomfortable manly place.
- Having as many costume changes in various parts of the theater as I did in the actual dressing room.
- Misplacing my slip during my quick-change outside, thereby flashing my corseted charms to all of Orem, Utah, as well as my castmates. I never made that mistake again. Maybe I wanted to, but I never did.
- Mao, and Silent Football.
- Reuniting with Courtney onstage for the first time since high school.
- Going to the midnight showing of Wall-E with Alexis, Steve, Rhett, Joel and Kacey. We fell in love with a robot, but who wouldn't?!?
- Sister pow-wow.
- Going to King & I with Kyle and Darick, then talking to the Jeffs family afterward.
- Going to Footloose with Cory and Matt with Coscto churros and an entire pizza. It's fine.
- Going to The Drowsy Chaperone and meeting my boyfriend, Jonathan Crombie, of Anne of Green Gables fame.
- Arrested Development on my iPod.
- Seeing Indiana Jones 4 with Jeremy and Matt-- and driving up to Jordan Commons in Jer's BRAND NEW CAR!!! Also, skipping Little Women rehearsal to be there.
- Getting the greatest haircut of my entire life, with the best hair color of my entire life, which color I did myself out of a box from Target, thank you.
- Watching Celebrity! at the Shell and making comments probably a little bit too loudly. Who cares. That was My Band, you guys.
- Texting funny things with Julie, usually including a great deal of "circus music."
- Going to the Olive Garden and being snarky with Jen and Whitney. I seriously love being snarky with Jen. Jen, why aren't we more snarky more often?
- Clue night at the SCERA Shell with AJ, Julie, Kyle, Jeremy, Janessa, Heidi, etc. "I don't like boobs." Also, going to Denny's afterward.
- What am I talking about-- going to Denny's, anytime, with anyone. But mostly Julie, Kyle, AJ, Ness, etc.
- Watching Impromptu and talking with Heather until 4am.
- The Tudors season 2. MY BOYFRIENDS ARE SO ATTRACTIVE.
- Having Spencer take my new headshots practically moments before I left for England, and having my favorite one be the most-ignored one of the whole bunch.
- Going to Hooters with Jeremy, Matt and Melinda, followed by The Dark Knight on IMAX. The IMAX part made up for the disgusting fried pickles.
- Deciding to pursue acting as a potential career, and being recognized for my efforts-- both by directors and producers, but also people on the street saying, "Hey weren't you in Little Women?" I mean literally, on the street. Because I hang out on the street.
- A single chapter from the Italy section of Eat, Pray, Love.
- Staying at Applebees till all hours with Katie and Heather the night/morning I left for England.
- Picnicking with AJ at Stardust. Clam Supreme that was almost made without the clams.
- "Not to sound weird or anything, but you two are really cute together." We know. Thank you.
- Being able to do another show with Mom.
- Learning to seriously love myself. Seriously.
- Thai food with KTB, Julie and Kyle.
- EUROPE. Dream. Come. True.
- My big yellow purse from Camden.
- Kissing a stranger from Australia
- Losing weight without trying.
- Having dinner and going to a show with old folk dance friends. Turns out I miss them, even if I don't miss the program. At all.
- Watching The 39 Steps with Jeremy and Heidi.
- Our first rehearsal for Pericles after returning from London.
- Megan and Cathy having babies.
- Watching Stranger Than Fiction with Andy.
- Shopping with Jackie for school stuff and discovering our mutual love for cardigans.
- Finally meeting and hanging out with much of the extended Oblad family.

Favorites
Songs: Low--Flo Rida; Disturbia-- Rihanna; 4 Minutes-- Madonna
Albums: Walk This Way-- The White Tie Affair; The Trick to Life-- The Hoosiers
Plays: ...some trace of her-- Royal National Theater; The Revenger's Tragedy-- Royal National Theater; Merry Wives of Windsor-- Shakespeare's Globe Theater
Buildings: Westminster Abbey; Big Ben; the National Portrait Gallery; Hale Center Theater Orem
People: Jonathan Rhys Myers; Ben Jonson; Queen Elizabeth II

6 comments:

Marissa Waddell said...

my goodness, em, what a lovely summer! i'm glad you had so much fun

Eliza said...

I'm honored to have made the best summer ever omg list! We'll have to get together soon, this time I'll bring my toe embellishment kit.

Casey T. said...

This sounds amazing. I wish I could've been there for the UT parts of it, and, let's be honest, the Europe parts too

@emllewellyn said...

Of course you made the list, Lizer. And glitter toes = MUST.

Hailey said...

I'm so happy I was sort of there for part of it!

Kirsten Krason said...

WOW. This was an epic summer for you! Glad you found a good hair color. I love it on you!